Privacy Notice – Visitors to car parks operated, owned, leased and / or managed by ARDPark Ltd (11349895) – Registered in England and Wales
Entry into the car park may result in your personal data being obtained, retained and processed. The data processed may include, the vehicle registration number, time and movements of the vehicle and images of the vehicle.
The purpose of the processing of data is twofold:
1. To ensure compliance with your obligations under the contract entered into when you entered and remained on the car park and for the legitimate purpose of pursuing the driver and/or any other party who may become liable for payment of any fees.
2. To deter criminal activity on the car park and help detect crimes which have been committed.
Our lawful bases for processing data is; 1. The processing is necessary for a contract which has been entered into.2. There is a legitimate interest as detailed below;
a. To pursue motorists for unpaid parking tariff
b. To pursue motorist for unpaid parking charges
c. To ensure safety and security and help deter/detect crimes
Where there is a sum of monies which is payable we may request personal details of the registered keeper of the vehicle from the DVLA and / or other third parties (for example the registered keeper or hire companies where applicable) who may possess information which could assist in obtaining payment or resolving any dispute.
Where your data is obtained it will be retained for two years where there is no unpaid sum of money. Where there is an unpaid sum of money the data will be held for sufficient time to enable to fee to be settled, by you or another person and resolve any dispute. However, your data will not normally be held for longer than 6 years in such circumstances. In some circumstances your data may be held for longer than 6 years. Examples of when we may hold your data for longer are;
1. When there is an ongoing dispute which requires us to hold the data for longer than normal.
2. Where a court order has been made allowing us to pursue outstanding money after the expiration of 6 years
Your personal data may be shared with third parties. This may include, debt recovery companies, solicitors and bailiffs to pursue any outstanding sum of money.
If you decide to appeal or challenge a parking charge and we reject your appeal, then we will provide your registration number and parking charge reference along with the time and date of the parking event to the Independant Appeals Service (IAS). This is to allow you to contest the charge with an independent adjudicator.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org (ensure you provide proof of identification when emailing) if
- you object to your personal details being processed, or
- you believe we hold the incorrect details for you and would like us to rectify the data we hold, or
- you would like us to delete the data we hold for you, or
- you would like to restrict how we process your data, or
- if you entered into a contract with us and would like a copy of the data we hold about you in a format which can easily be transferred to another provider.
Please note that you have the right to request the above, however, when we receive your requests we may object to your request if we do not agree with it. However, if you do make the request we will tell you if the request has been granted or not.
This policy applies to ARDPark Ltd and all ARDPark Ltd’s trading styles, including but not limited to, ARDPark and Ridings Recoveries.