Our founder found an old expression attributed to American Indians very profound “We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children”. To support our founder’s view on this, ARDPark has introduced our Corporate Green Policy to have as little impact on the environment as possible. Some key feature we have are:
- Home working policy to reduce transport to and from the office.
- Use of technology to reduce unnecessary journeys.
- Use public transport and/or car share whenever suitable and available.
- All offices are powered by “green” providers who supply renewable powered electricity
- Gas (when used for heating etc) is carbon offset by our suppliers.
- Recycle as much as is possible, including but not limited to IT equipment, bottles, can, plastics etc.
- Extend the life of existing equipment beyond the standard cooperate standards (e.g. cars over three years old, IT equipment upgrade and/or repurposed to extend life etc.)
- Use power saving schemes (e.g. upgrading to LED lights, auto-shutdown of equipment etc.)
- Supporting employees in out of worktime schemes (for example our founder is a trustee for a not-for-profit local Sportsfield).
If we all work together the impact we have on our environment can be reduced and we can start to reverse the damage of climate change.