In the event that you wish to dispute liability for this parking charge, within 21 days (beginning with the day after that on which this notice is given) please provide your full name and address, vehicle registration number and the parking reference at the top of the notice providing your full reasons. Appeal decisions should be provided within 28 days. If your appeal is unsuccessful then we will provide you with the appropriate details enabling you to lodge an appeal to the Independent Appeals Service (IAS). We do not offer access to the “POPLA” service as we are not members of the British Parking Association (BPA).
Details of the appeal procedure can be found at www.theIAS.org. The IAS provides an Alternative Dispute Resolution scheme for disputes of this type. We will engage with the IAS Standard Appeals Service providing you comply with our internal appeals procedure as detailed herein and that thereafter you lodge an appeal to the IAS within 21 days of rejection. If you do appeal and do not hear from us within 28 days then please contact us, do not assume that your appeal has been successful. Please be advised that if you choose to appeal to the IAS and your appeal is unsuccessful, you will lose the right to pay at the reduced amount. Once payment (or part payment) of a Parking Charge has been made you will not be able to appeal or contest the Charge.
Due to legal procedures, it is difficult for ARDPark Ltd to submit verbal evidence before the court. We, therefore, regret that we are unable to deal with telephone enquiries regarding the issue of this PCN. All enquiries must be forwarded in writing or email. The charge has been lawfully issued and the collection process will be carried out in accordance with the Administration of Justice Act 1970.
All appeals must detail the following:
- Reasons for the appeal (known as mitigating circumstances)
- Your name, address or email, vehicle registration
- Charge Notice number (usually starting ARDP0)
- ensure you identify yourself as either the vehicle driver, keeper or both
Before making an appeal you may wish to read the consumer advice provided by the Citizens Advice (https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/law-and-courts/parking-tickets/appealing-parking-tickets/appealing-a-parking-ticket).
Once an appeal has been received, the Charge will be placed on hold and no further collection action will be taken in respect of the monies requested until your case has been considered and answered. If you have supplied an e-mail address, you will normally be notified as to the outcome of your appeal by e-mail. Therefore, please ensure that your e-mail address is active and accurate. Please ensure you check all mail inboxes including any Spam Folders to ensure you receive any decision, we would advise you add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe senders list. We aim to respond to your appeal in writing or by email (where provided) usually within 14 days from the date your appeal is received.
Please note the points below:
- Due to legal procedures, it is difficult for ARDPark Ltd to submit verbal evidence before the court. We, therefore, regret that we are unable to deal with telephone enquiries regarding the issue of this PCN. All enquiries must be forwarded in writing or email. This charge has been lawfully issued and the collection process will be carried out in accordance with the Administration of Justice Act 1970.
- Unfortunately, incomplete appeals or submissions cannot be considered.
- If you have evidence to support your appeal please complete this form first and then submit your evidence to email@example.com using the PCN number as a subject line. Photos and evidence sent without an appeal may not be considered.
- You must be either the Registered Keeper or Driver at the time to submit an appeal. We cannot accept appeals from third parties (this does include relatives) unless supported by a letter of authority signed by the keeper or driver (as appropriate).
- Once a PCN has been paid it is accepted as full and final settlement. As such no appeals service is offered on paid PCNs.
- If you appeal and it reaches us (including by post) within 14 days of the issue of the Parking Charge and your appeal is unsuccessful, we will offer the lower amount for payment for a further period of 14 days after the appeal decision is made. If you appeal after 14 days and are unsuccessful the full amount would be due. When an appeal or IAS appeal is outstanding we will not pass your details on to a Recoveries Agency.
- You may only appeal to ARDPark once, however, if you’re not happy with our decision you can appeal to the IAS – details of which will be given with our decision. You may only appeal to the IAS once.
You cannot use the appeals form to transfer liability from a fleet company or hire firm to a lessee or hirer. You cannot use the appeals form to transfer liability from the registered keeper to driver.