How does Car Park Management Work?
ARDPark will install legally compliant signage that forms a contract with the driver at the time of parking. Drivers then have a “consideration period*” that must allow them to read the signage and make a decision if they wish to be bound by the advertised terms and conditions or leave the car park.
*Consideration period does not necessarily have to be ten minutes (see court case “Vehicle Control Services Ltd v Ward “)
Is it legal? Is it enforceable at court?
Yes, it is legal and yes, there are many court precedents*.
*See “ParkingEye Limited v Beavis” High Court and Supreme Court cases.
ARDPark are proud to offer a wide range of Car Park Management services for private car parks across the whole of the UK, these services include:
- Time limited parking to drive footfall into retail or limit time for specific purposes (for example 2 hours maximum for shoppers or patients with no return for 2 hours)
- Permit holders only within private car parks such as hotels, gyms and restaurants (permanent, short-term, long-term or a mixture of all three)
- Cash or cashless paid parking such as “pay and display”(with the ability to pay to “top-up”)
- Parity our specialist charity parking initiative (Driving client’s Corporate Social Responsibility with a Charity Parking)
We are always looking for car parks to manage, lease or buy – if you’re looking for a solution that involves hands free management, leasing or purchasing a car park please call our Business Development Team on 0330 088 0651 or click here to email.
Our enforcement systems ensure that only drivers who are authorised or for paid parking have paid for the correct time. This coupled with our industry leading back-office and support systems offer the comprehensive, fair and firm enforcement. We are able to mix and match our services to best match your needs.
As standard we offer:
- ANPR (traditional perimeter monitoring)
- ANPR with Overwatch (as above with extra evidence gathering)
- ANPR with Baywatch (able to monitor up to four parking bays within a shared car park area)
- Warden Patrols (traditional patrols from our team)
- Self-ticketing (you patrol your own parking)
A Doctors in the town centre has a car park used by shoppers. The surgery wants to allow patients and staff to park there and deter all other fly-parkers. We can install a tablet at reception for patients to use to allow free parking and give access to our system for all the staff to be issued a permit to allow unlimited parking at any time. There is no cost to the surgery to setup, install and maintain this system and never any management fees.
Land in a town centre waiting to be developed
A landowner in a town centre has a plot of land for twenty plus cars but is waiting for plans to be drawn up and planning permission to develop. We can install a Phone+Pay system and create a temporary car park. Usually the tariff income is 100% to the client. There is no cost to the landowner to setup, install and maintain this system and never any management fees.
A Restaurant on a busy high street has a car park used by shoppers. The owner wants to allow customers and staff to park there and to make revenue during the day when closed. We can install a tablet at the bar for customers to use to allow free parking and give access to our system for all the staff to be issued a permit to allow unlimited parking at any time. We can install a Phone+Pay system and create a temporary car park. Usually the tariff income is 100% to the client. There is no cost to the owner to setup, install and maintain this system and never any management fees.